Friday, January 25, 2008

A whole lot of nothing collides

My mom just got back into town and she returned bearing gifts - food gifts specifically, which, truth be told, are my favorite kinds of gifts. One of the items was a box of these wafer type cookies with a cream in the middle. She was anxious to try one and as she crunched away I asked her how it was.
"It tastes like nothing. It's like eating air."
I need to know what this is like, so I opened one and took a bite. She's right. "It tastes like sweet nothing."
Then I look at the cookie itself and notice that at the top it declares SAND and then at the bottom it says "C'est un" which is French for "It's a."



I turned to my mom and said, "It says, C'est un."
"C'est un what?"
"Exactly."

On a related note, my mom was able to decipher what the hell SAND was all about. "I think it's because it's like a sandwich." I'm sure she's right, you know. I am amazed that it made immediate sense to her. My love of all-weird-things-Japanese just collided with my mom and it all makes perfect sense somehow.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude I had the mexican version of those... it's carmelized goat milk in the chatolic waffer... it tastle like vapor as it melts..into carmel... then the taste of GOAT which taste like it smells.