Saturday, January 5, 2008

Alien basketball fans

I was watching the Spurs/Nuggets game last night and my mom watched for a minute, too, and finally asked me what all that squeaking was about. I listened and then I told her it was the sound of their sneakers on the court as they stopped short (I'd stopped noticing it I guess). She said it sounds like an alien language.

I was watching the Celtics just now and was listening to the squeaks again. I told her it was pretty funny that she thought it was an alien language, and she explained further that she'd thought it was like a simultaneous broadcast of commentators, only this wasn't in a foreign language, but in an alien language.

Basketball is forever changed for me. I can only wonder what those alien commentators are saying.

No comments: