Tuesday, November 20, 2007

“When it comes to throwing away paper, how far do you go?”

I just started laughing when she said this, because, do you know what she meant? Apparently she was wondering what I shred and what I just throw out – she has a friend who shreds any mail that has her address on it. I think that’s pretty extreme. I told my mom that I shred things with account information on it, but that’s about it. She said she’d like to do that, too, and pointed to a huge stack of papers on a chair that apparently need to be shredded. I asked her if she HAS a shredder, and she made a cranking motion with her hands. Apparently, she has a manual crankshaft shredder. “If I spent all day and night shredding my papers that way, it would take me a month to get through all the papers I have to shred.” Apparently, having stacks and stacks of papers all through the house is a viable alternative.

No comments: