Monday, November 26, 2007

Technology

So, I ended up fixing the photo in photoshop and putting it on a CD for my mom. I handed it to her, and she holds it upside down, then right side up asking me "which way?" I looked at her blankly and then remembered once having had a conversation with her about which side of a CD the information was written on. She always thought that the information must be on the side with the printing on it since each CD had a different picture or words printed on it, thus - in her mind - different music and digital information. I think at the time the conversation was about how she should put CDs upside down if she was just going to leave them out so that they wouldn't get scratched. This is what she was asking me when she said "which way;" just double checking that she wasn't going to accidentally scratch the important side.

No comments: