Wednesday, November 21, 2007

about a Canadian Ex-pat

Really, this should have been part of the first post since it happened like the day I got here. We were watching this popular TV game/quiz show and there's a 'stump the chump' type segment where they make two ex-pats face-off. One is always the same - he's this hefty Canadian guy that seriously knows every freakin' thing about Japan, whether it's history or pop culture. Anyway, my mom really likes him because, well, I guess because he's a freak of nature and knows more than the Japanese do about their own culture. So she's telling me this, and then says, "But he's fattanug..." I'm all, "What the hell is that." She starts laughing a little and says, "Fat and ugly."

2 comments:

Ashika said...

"Fattanug"? I am soooo gonna use that.

her kid said...

I know. I think it would also make a good noun. In fact, now that I think about it, she may have USED it as a noun ("He's a fattanug"). She's the queen of misplaced and/or missing articles.