Wednesday, December 5, 2007

...that's what she said...

We were on our way home and we passed by this building that had an office on the first floor. It was very nondescript and small, but there was a man in a police uniform pacing in front of the building, so I asked my mom if that was a police station, and she said, "Yes, it's a police station, not a whore-house."

As you can imagine, I started laughing immediately. Obviously, I was only paying attention to the man in uniform out front, but apparently all police stations (even if it's just a little office like this one) are marked with a red light out front and Europeans who've visited my mom thought that it meant they were in a red-light district. So that's what she assumed I was talking about. Confirms the old adage of what happens when you assume.

No comments: