Friday, February 15, 2008

Maybe there was something in the water...

My mom arrived back yesterday and her suitcase was overflowing with things purchased or given to her while she was in LA. I'm ecstatic about the two bags of candy she brought me! They don't have licorice here in Japan (!?) so she brought me a bag with an assortment of red and black licorice and licorice flavored things as well as a bag with assorted gummy things which she knows I love, too. But, as she was looking through her suitcase for these bags of candy to give me, she pulled out this huge wad of snack-size ziplock bags. She had taken them out of the box so that they'd take less room, but here is the story of how she came to have them in the first place:

My mom has an old friend in LA who grew up in Tokyo with her. When my mom was visiting her, I guess she saw one of these small snack bags and commented that she had never seen that size before. The next part of the story is that my mom's friend gave her a box of ziplock snack bags to give to me as a gift. I have no idea what the common thread is through any of that. So, like I said, I think maybe there was something in the water in post-war Tokyo that affected left lobe development or something.

I'm beyond caring, though. I have everything I need in those two bags of bad-for-me things.

No comments: