Friday, November 7, 2008

Why she is great

Obviously there are too many reasons to put here now. This blog can only exist because of why she is great. Here is one more reason:

A few weeks ago she was getting ready to go play a concert in Tateshina. I happened to find her list for the concert. Listed, in this order:
Violin
Music
Music stand
Coffee etc.

I didn't comment on it at the time, but when I finally thought to tease her about needing to write 'violin' on her list of things to take, she told me that she always does because once
on the way to the airport to begin a tour she realized she'd forgotten her violin at home . She had to borrow a violin for the first venue. It's amazing to me, too.

I was talking about this kind of thing with Jun chan who had stayed at our house to take care of gramps while we were on our trip. It came up because my mom almost left to teach with out her violin the very morning after we'd joked about the list. Anyway, she told me about a time she was talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone getting ready to leave and was freaking out because she couldn't find her cell phone. Her boyfriend told her he was sure she'd find it the moment they hung up. And of course, she did. It's good to know that this greatness will continue into the next generation. Hopefully one day Jun chan's child will also start a blog, but they'll need to come up with a different name than 'my crazy tokyo mother' or else I swear I'll sue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why you are so great.

<3 Angela