Friday, November 14, 2008

the final send off was im-perfection

I am leaving for the airport and will say good-bye to Tokyo and my mom in just a few hours. I feel so many emotions but the first and foremost is that I am sad I will no longer have the pleasure of experiencing Yoko in her natural habitat living her daily life. So my departure will also likely mark the end of my blogging days. Well, blogging with any kind of regularity I mean. She will still do amazing things I'm sure, but my noting them will certainly be fewer and further between.

Last night we went out to eat, just the two of us. Our beverages arrived first and my mom lifted her hot tea to toast me. Of course she immediately splashed hot tea on herself. The toast went like this, "Bon Voyage! Achiiiiiiie!" which loosely translates as "
Hot! Ow! Ouch!"

I laughed and cried both tears of joy and sadness. This is kind of how I am summing up this past year, with tears of joy and sadness.

No comments: