Tuesday, March 18, 2008

smart and small-minded both start with 'sm'

My poor mother has a cold. There's this Japanese medication called 'Ruru' or 'Lulu' (or 'Rulu' or 'Luru' depending on how you wish to translate it; this is what it looks like in its original form: ルル). Anyway, she recommended it to me a while back when I had a cold but apparently I'm allergic to it or something because I got a rash on my stomach and the doctor told me it was probably from the ルル since it's like the rash I got when I took penicillin once (Meags! Remember - 'I'm allergic to penicillin'?). Anyway, it's gone so enough about rashes (can I say 'rash' any more? Jesus.), but when I told my mom what the doctor had said, she wouldn't believe the rash (christ.) was from that.

Today I asked her if she'd taken
ルル. She said yes.
"Obviously, you're not allergic to it," I said.
"Why? Are you allergic to it?"
"That's what the doctor told me."
"She did?"
"Remember? I told you and you didn't believe me."
"Oh yeah, I kind of remember. I always forget things I don't believe."

Either it leaves room for more, or it just keeps it conveniently empty. sm.

Don't know why, but it reminds me of a comic that illustrated the three types of people measuring a half-glass of water: Optimist - "The glass is half full!"; Pessimist - "The glass is half empty..."; Anal-Retentive - "Half-nothin'! Try 48%"
You all know what category I fall under.

No comments: