Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life is just a bowl of cherries

My mom filled me in on a little secret of hers. Whenever she sees tears, she thinks of the time when she had just come to the US and didn't really speak English and was at a Catholic School, flunking out of some class. When the teacher, a Sister, told her that she was flunking, some tears start to drip from her eyes (her words). The words of consolation given to her by this sister struck her as funny and so now she can't help but get the giggles when she sees tears dripping from someone's eyes. The coveted words of solace: "God gave you tears, dear." I don't know why it was so funny to her, but anyway it's funny to me that it's funny to her. Maybe I'll never be able to cry again.

Oh, the whole 'life is just a bowl of cherries' thing is because it's her favorite song and she's wanted a copy of the Hi-Lo's album with their recording of it since the 70's and just acquired it through amazon.com. I think she is in love with technology.

No comments: